Wednesday 6 June 2012

Chapter 2- Advancing


After our first meeting, over the years we became good friends. At this time we were 17/18. It surprised most of the village for me to be opening up to shikamaru as much as I did, but it shocked me the most since I never trust anyone.
Tsunade gave me a day off, she claimed that I was overworking myself, no matter how much i begged her. It was final. She wouldn't give me a mission, so we left each other pretty angry.
"So... Tsunade-sama wouldn't give you a mission?" Sakura said cautiously approaching me.
"No she wouldn't" I grumbled.
"Do you want me to talk to her?" She asked.
"If she won't listen to my logic then she sure as hell won't listen to you" I snapped and walked off.
After that I went somewhere and trained my ass off throwing kunai and shuriken against my shadow clone.
"Shikamaru..." I said with a smirk.
He walked from the shadows.
"One say I'll be able to sneak up on you" He laughed.
"i know your chakra well" I smirked throwing a kunai at my shadow clone making it disappear bullseye on a target behind it.
"I still find it fascinating how you do that" He said observing my every movement.
"Ha! I never used to be this good, you should have watched me from when I first started" I stood away from my stance, wiping my forehead.
"Anyway, you train too hard, let me treat you to lunch" He said turning around.
Huh? Shikamaru getting me lunch?
"What's the special occasion?" I said raising an eyebrow
"no reason..." He said blankly.
So we went to a restaurant and ate, talking about out most successful missions. We had a laugh then a message came from Tsunade, for us to come to her office talk about some classified stuff. We both looked at each other.
"what do you think it could be?" I said finishing off my drink.
"probably something troublesome..." He said standing up, "well we better get going, I'm not in the mood for a lecture".
We were in Tsunade's office.
"I've decided to make you both members of the Anbu" Tsunade said handing us masks and uniform.
without hesitation Shikamaru took his. Mentally I was running in circles, screaming like hell, but I remained calm.
"Those elders had it in for you at HQ because you are the first girl we've ever allowed in Anbu... You are capable. I pulled at  lot of strings to keep you two together as a team" She said shuffling papers.
Shikamaru exhaled.
"Is there a problem?" Tsunade raised her head from the papers.
"... No" I picked up my uniform.
"Your missions can start at any time, so be prepared" Tsunade said with authority.
"wait, don't we get to decline?" I blurted.
"Decline? hmft, no one ever declines" Tsuande continued.
Shikamaru just stood listening.
"Will i be able to hold up to your expectations?" I stuttered.
"Your doubts are coming from no where" Shikamaru broke the silence, "but if  you think you're not fit enough I won't help you,just get the job done or go..." Shikamaru's Harsh tone rose.
"What will you do?" Tsunade asked.
I hesitated for a moment, I've got to do it now.
"Fine, I'll do it..." I raised my head.
"Good..." Tsunade began explaining how the Anbu system works.
I couldn't believe what I've gotten myself into. Maybe... If I start doing high level missions... I can find out the trust about my families massacre.
Tsunade shuffled the papers again "... Your first mission will be set at midnight" Tsunade's voice caught up to me. She handed us scrolls.
We both nodded and left. We walked together, but the silence was pissing me off.
"What the hell do you call that!?" I direct my anger at Shikamaru.
"Nothing, I was just telling the truth" He said stretching his arms.
"You didn't have to be so harsh about it" I replied.
"You took the job didn't you?" He said all smug.
"... For one reason only" I turned serious.
"And what's that?" Shikamaru raised an eyebrow.
"My families massacre..." I clenched my fist.
Shikamaru stayed silent.
"Will you help me eliminate every single one of my weakness..." My speech slowed.
"And those are?" He questioned.
"Well... For one I can't help myself if someone I care about gets hurt... All logic goes out the window" I bowed my head slightly.
"Try not to get attached to people" Shikamaru said shrugging his shoulders.
"It's hard when I have people like you..." I blushed a little.
"Don't worry yourself, I'm capable.... Any other weaknesses?" Shikamaru stopped on the stairs.
I stayed quite, taking a few steps down from him.
"We've been friends for years... And, I want to help you if you really want to beat your weaknesses" His expressed his worry.
I didn't face him, "Blindfold" I muttered.
"What?" Shikamaru said confused.
"Blindfold" I repeated.
Suddenly I was against the wall with Shikamaru above me.
My heart was racing and my cheeks hot.
"What's so bad about your eyes?" Shikamaru questioned.
"The shame of my weakness and stupidity  left me blinded and bound to this scar..." my heart felt like it was going to explode.
"Show me..." Shikamaru pinned my arms up.
I turned my head away from him "Please don't..." My voice Shaky.
"Shizuka..." He leaned in.
I could feel the heat coming from his cheeks then he backed away  continuing to walk down the stairs. I thought he was about to kiss me. I stood speechless. What the hell was that!? I.. Huh? He left in a moment like that?...

Before we left I went for a walk and met up with Iruka. I probably wouldn't have any time to do this kind of thing for a while.
"The children were terrible after you left yesterday" He said smiling at me.
I smirked, "I give them candy before I leave" 
Iruka shot a glare at me, "That's just cruel. So when it's my turn to teach them, they're all strung on sugar!?"
I shrugged grinning to myself, "With my personality... You wouldn't think I'd have a soft spot for kids"
Iruka hummed.
Who would suspect someone like me working with children to be a secret assassin in her spare time?
My point exactly.
When I joined I had been so naive. I had no idea how very much I had to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews