Sunday 10 June 2012

Chapter 4- Mission Blues


After the mission me and Shikamaru started to get a little distant.
It worried me. But as usual I continued with my Village duties. I went to the academy to see the kids. I went into the class.
"Ai-Sama!" They all shouted.
For me 'Shizuka-Sensei' was way too formal, and 'Aijin-San' seemed to young for them to use, so they came up with that name for me. How cute.
"Where have you been Ai-Sama?!" One of the more hyper kids shouted while hugging my legs.
"Ahh I went on a very important mission" I said forcing a smile.
"Now, Now. Don't be giving them any sugar!" Iruka walked in all smug.
"Oh no Iruka-Sensei found out!" The class whined.
"Don't worry I'll talk to him" I smiled and the kids cheered.
Me and Iruka went for a walk talking about the mission.
"I hope you didn't mind me picking you up all bridal style" He said chuckling nervously, scratching the back of his head.
"... Don't worry about it" I said leaning over the bridge listening to the water pass underneath.
"You were really quick with reacting to the situation, No wonder they picked you for Anbu" Iruka complimented.
"Yeah... I was too naive thinking of joining without knowing the consequences..." I said with no expression.
"Like what?" Iruka raised an eyebrow.
"The fact that I can't always save people.... Especially a child" I said slowing my speech.
Iruka kept silent but seem as if he had something to say.
"God Damnit!" I screamed scaring the fish away.
"It's not your fault. You're pretty amazing in what you do. don't take this too hard" He said brushing my hair back.
"I've already lost everything... And now I'm about to loose someone else" I said Facing away.
"...Who are you about to loose?" Iruka said pulling my arm a little.
"Shikamaru..." I snapped a little.
"What happened?" He let go of my arm.
"Nothing... Just leave it..." I said as I started to walk away.
"Tell me what happened..." He raised his voice, it made me stop in my tracks.
"Shikamaru kissed me okay" I said turning to face him.
Iruka's face twisted. An expression I've never seen him make the years I've known him.
"You know what, come and have a drink with me tonight" He said breaking out a smile.
"You know I can't drink..." I said facing the water again.
"You need it..." He said sharply.
Shikamaru was walking towards us with Choji.
"Fine if it makes you happy" I scoffed.
"what's gonna make you happy?" Choji interrupted eating as usual.
"Ahh, I'm taking her out for a drink. Do you guy wanna come?" Iruka offered.
"Sure" Shikamaru said in a laid back tone, yet seemed so sharp.
I turned to face Iruka immediately.
"Invite the others as well" He said with a smile.
What ever he's planning it might not even work. I wish I could see into that tiny brain of his.
"I will!!" Ino popped up out of nowhere.
"Wow.. Everyone is bound to come now" I giggled.
Everyone then stared at me in surprise.
My shell had cracked a little, God only knew it wasn't a good sign.
"I-I've gotta go" I ran straight away, heading to my house.
"What's her problem?" Ino said giving a dirty look.
"What's happened?....." Shikamaru looked straight at  Iruka.
"Nothing... I asked her about the other day" Iruka said changing his expression.
"What did she say?" Shikamaru had a slight smirk.
Iruka paused for a minute. He defiantly knew what it was about.
"Well seen as you know what you're doing... Don't mess it up okay?" He said directing his speech at Shikamaru, and meaning it.
Choji and Ino looked at eachother then looked at Iruka and Shikamaru.
"What's going on here?" Ino said folding her arms.
"Nothing..." Shikamaru and Iruka said at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews